Waterlake Cottage is a partly new brick built annex to the main residence Waterlake View. It is completely self contained. It is along a country track about 100m from a minor road, which has a bus route on going to Salisbury,
Amesbury and Devizes.
• We have an extensive website, pictures of all the rooms.
• Bookings / enquiries/ payments can be made directly from the website via email, telephone, letter and secure payment on-line.
• All guests are provided with written directions to the cottage and there is also a google map on our website (available in different font sizes).
• The nearest bus stop is approximately, 400m at the crossroad in Orcheston. The No. 2 Bus goes through Orcheston to Salisbury, Amesbury and Devizes.
• Salisbury railway station is 12 miles away
• There are numerous RADAR toilets in Salisbury, and one in Amesbury, Wilton, Downton, Tisbury and Mere.
• This access statement is available on our website and in the ‘Welcome File’ in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Waterlake Cottage is down a narrow gravel track about 100m from a minor road. There is a parking area within the grounds of the cottage, but there is also plenty of parking adjoining. There is a loose gravel path from the specified car park area to the cottage. But there is another parking area directly outside the cottage and the path from here leading to the cottage is made of gravel and is reasonably flat and even, and goes onto the patio.
• The main entrance is the front door onto the patio. The key for this door is issued to our guests on arrival. Outdoor light comes on automatically when approaching at night time.
• The front door width is 84cm. There is one step up made of stone and then the threshold into the lobby. A ramp can be provided for smooth access.
• The front door opens into the lobby, fully carpeted, with a large inset mat contrasting colour. There is a middle door 72 cm wide.
There is a side entrance, which is on flat level ground, reached from the patio. There is the threshold step up into the kitchen/dining area (door 78cm wide). Kitchen floor is of vynil flooring and the dining area is fully carpeted (flat pile). The key for the back door will also be given to our guests on arrival.
• Door from the lobby to the lounge is 79cm. The lounge is fully carpeted (flat pile). It has a 2 seater settee with 2 separate armchairs, plus a reclining chair.
• There is a HD/TV with remote control and DVD player. Also a CD player and radio. There is a central light and two wall lights.
• There is an open fire-place.
There are fire alarms in both the lobby and hall way.
• There is a front loading washing machine available in the kitchen. A drying rack is available for inside. A rotary airer is available in the garden.
• Exiting from the back door/front door, there is a patio and garden area.
• The patio is built of stone and is of reasonably even surface. Patio furniture and BBQ are available for guests to use.
• The patio leads onto the lawn, with shrub borders. Through the middle there is a gravel path leading to the gravel car park within the garden area.
ALL BEDROOMS ON GROUND FLOOR
• Door 79cm wide. Carpeted through-out (flat pile).
• There is one double bed 4ft 6 ins.(ample space around), two side cabinets, with lamps on, one dressing table with lamp on, set of drawers, one wardrobe and one small chair.
• Spotlights in the middle of the ceiling.
• The bedroom has an en-suite, with shower, sink and toilet, heated towel rail. It would not be suitable for a wheelchair.
• Door 74cm wide. Carpeted throughout (short pile)
• There are twin 3ft beds with space of 60cm between.
• There are non-allergic pillows if needed.
• There is a large built-in wardrobe, with shelving. Also a wall mirror with shelf. There is a lamp and cabinet between the beds
• In all bedrooms additional blankets/throws are available.
This is adjacent to the twin-bedded room and reasonably spacious for wheelchair access. The entrance door is 65cm. All doors to bathrooms/en-suites have locks.
• The toilet seat is 39cm high. The bath is standard size with a grab rail on either side. Also a grab rail on the the wall. There is a sink of standard height and a towel rail.
• The room also has a wall mounted fan-heater.
• The floor surface is carpeted (short pile).
• The kitchen/dining area has 3 doors leading into it; a back door and two internal doors of 72cm wide. The area is very spacious.
• There is a fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, fridge, freezer, all at standard heights. A microwave, toaster, kettle is also available.
• The oven is conventional electric and the hob is also electric, standard height. There is a 6ft table and 6 chairs.
• The kitchen is lit by three separate sets of spotlights. The flooring is non slip vynil. The dining area fully carpeted (flat pile). There is a smoke alarm and a fire blanket in the kitchen.
• A ‘Welcome Pack’ is produced, providing local and emergency information, plus separate manufacturers instruction leaflets and a folder displaying leaflets of places of interest.
• Sorry, but pets are not permitted (except assistance dogs that have been registered)
The premises are non-smoking.
• Address: Virginia Jones, Waterlake View, Elston Lane, Orcheston,
Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 4RG
• Telephone: 01980 620243 mobile: 07733 034070
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.waterlakecottage.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Open all year.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can write to us at our home address.